Do's and Dont's
Protect your new asphalt, especially in the HOT summer.
Whether you are a homeowner or property manager, located in Toronto, Newmarket, Mississauga or Markham, we at Cedar Hill Paving have created a video to list some of the things you should and shouldn’t do, when taking care of your new or existing asphalt surface. We have done this so that you can better understand how to maintain your parking lot or driveway. We hope you find this information invaluable, and if you want to learn more, we encourage you to explore our YouTube channel or contact us today.
- When parking any kind of trailer on a driveway, make sure that the trailer hitch is supported on a good size block of wood
- Put a wooden block under a kickstand of a motorcycle
- Rest ladder supports on a block of wood to prevent indents in new asphalt
- Engine oil and gasoline will be very damaging to new driveways
- Fast starts and fast stops can ruin new asphalt
- Asphalt sealer should not be used on new asphalt – wait at least 3 months